- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
Alicia Silverstone in Broadway’s ‘The Performers’
NEW YORK (AP) - Alicia Silverstone is coming back to Broadway _ in a romantic comedy set in the porn industry.
Producers of David West Read’s comedy “The Performers” said Wednesday the actress will join Henry Winkler and “30 Rock” star Cheyenne Jackson in the play, which begin previews Oct. 23 at the Longacre Theatre.
It’s about two high school friends who reconnect at the Adult Film Awards in Las Vegas. Silverstone will play the girlfriend of one of the friends.
The rest of the cast includes Daniel Breaker, Ari Graynor and Jenni Barber. Evan Cabnet, director of Read’s “The Dream of the Burning Boy,” will direct.
Silverstone made her Broadway debut in 2002 in “The Graduate” and was last on Broadway in 2010 opposite Laura Linney in “Time Stands Still.”
TWT Video Picks
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.