- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
From Dallas to London for JR
Question of the Day
LONDON (AP) - Cowboys, stetsons, bucking broncos and J.R. masks _ it could only be the arrival of “Dallas” in London.
Stars Larry Hagman, Linda Gray and Patrick Duffy were at a Southfork Ranch outpost by the River Thames on Tuesday night to launch the rebooted soap with a big Texan party.
The younger generation of actors _ Jesse Metcalfe, Josh Henderson, Jordana Brewster and Julie Gonzalo _ also was there.
After success in the U.S., the first season of the new “Dallas” TV series will be shown in the U.K. beginning Sept. 5 on Channel 5.
Duffy, who plays Bobby Ewing, says it was British audiences who helped the show become a hit the first time around, when they adopted the night-time soap and made it popular around the world.
He’s hoping they’ll do the same with the re-launched version.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world