- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Tuning in to TV: ‘Dallas’ heads to London for Texas-sized premiere
Cowboys, stetsons, bucking broncos and J.R. masks — it could only be the arrival of “Dallas” in London.
After success in the U.S., the first season of the new “Dallas” TV series will be shown in the U.K. beginning Sept. 5.
Mr. Duffy, who plays Bobby Ewing, says it was British audiences who helped the show become a hit the first time around when they adopted the nighttime soap and made it popular around the world.
He’s hoping they’ll do the same with the relaunched version.
An A-list cast of celebrities is joining a telethon to raise money and awareness to fight cancer.
Miss Paltrow also is an executive producer for the fundraiser that will be carried commercial-free from 8 to 9 p.m. Sept. 7 on the four major broadcast networks, ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC, and more than a dozen cable channels.
Musical performances by Taylor Swift, Coldplay, Alicia Keys and Tim McGraw are planned, and more than 25 movie, TV and sports stars will be on hand to take phone pledges, executive producer Joel Gallen said.
Laura Ziskin, founder of Stand Up to Cancer and producer of its first two telethons in 2008 and 2010, lost her seven-year fight against breast cancer last year. The “Spider-Man” movie producer was 61.
Ziskin represents “tremendous shoes to fill,” Mr. Gallen said. “I can’t really replace Laura, but I’m coming from a different point of view, from a respectful point of view, and continuing the mission she was on.”
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- 1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obamas food standards
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again