- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
1956 Lincoln Premiere allows owner to relive part of his youth
For a driver seated behind the four-spoke steering wheel, the view through the huge wraparound windshield is marvelous - if you can get past the 130 mph speedometer.
Commonplace now, but luxuries half a century ago, are the power steering, power windows, power brakes, power seats, four courtesy lights and backup lights. The AM radio broadcasts through an under-dashboard speaker as well as a rear-seat speaker.
Mr. Grove likes to quote pioneer auto reviewer Tom McCahill who wrote in Popular Mechanics in his report on the 1956 Lincoln: ‘It has enough torque to yank the Empire State Building up by the roots.’
‘This car has always had great style,’ Mr. Grove says as the odometer on his Lincoln approaches 105,000 miles.
After all these years of work, his Lincoln now is reliable. ‘I just put gas in the tank and go,’ he says.
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.