- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: A vote for willful destruction
Voting for President Obama is no joke. It is the equivalent of riding a toboggan down a snowy hill into a rock -- a rock of economic failure, divisiveness and class warfare. Our limbs and our spirit are broken by this president's icy megalomania. Hope has died and we've drowned a frozen pond of Mr. Obama's mythic promises.
Those who listen to the president's teleprompter speeches and don't feel ashamed that this pompous narcissist could represent our country are either foolish or masochistic. A vote for him is a celebration of self-defeat.
One day, the grandchildren of those who voted for him will be ashamed that their progenitors supported the most failed president in America's history. Voting for Jimmy Carter will seem like a better decision.
How could anyone vote for a man who breaks all his promises?
Mr. Obama promotes huge government so he can preside over it. He gives a good speech but his ideas are a bundle of cliches. He is an ideologue who is stuck in a simplistic Saul Alinsky mentality. He is like a college sophomore dreaming of unattainable fairness while abusing those around him. He doesn't even recognize that he is knocking his own country down.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Why such hatred toward America's freedom of religion?
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom
- Activists encourage Obama to circumvent Congress, use more executive authority
- Russian diplomats busted bilking $1.5 million from Medicaid
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Obama lived with Uncle Onyango Obama in the 1980s, White House admits