- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Adrian Gonzalez homers in 1st at-bat with Dodgers
Hours after arriving at Dodger Stadium on a flight from Boston with Josh Beckett and Nick Punto following Saturday’s blockbuster trade with the Red Sox, Gonzalez drove an 0-1 pitch from Miami right-hander Josh Johnson deep into the lower seats in the right-field corner.
It was his first National League homer since the end of the 2010 season with San Diego.
Gonzalez took over at first base for James Loney, who went to Boston in the deal. The four-time All-Star batted cleanup between Matt Kemp and Hanley Ramirez, with Andre Ethier dropped to sixth despite getting four hits Friday night.
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Redskins bypass big splash - for now - as free agency period begins
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again