- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
NUGENT: Don’t let socialists win
Time to ring the Liberty Bell
Question of the Day
The Republican and Democratic national conventions have the country thinking about the state of our increasingly socialistic government. Britain's Iron Lady, Margaret Thatcher, hit the bull's-eye when she said, "The trouble with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money." She, like the truth, rocks.
President Obama and numerous other Fedzillacrats obviously think the Iron Lady's words were full of rust. They would be wrong, as usual.
The root of evil is not the want of money, but rather a government that thinks it knows better than free-thinking individuals how best to provide for our well-being. Socialists like our president use the law and courts to force their failed big-government ideas on those of us still helplessly drunk on freedom, rugged individualism and liberty. You know, the American way.
Socialists argue that fairness is the goal. For their version of fairness to occur, socialists must take the earnings and wealth from one person who earned it and give it to another who has not. Karl Marx would be proud of Mr. Obama.
We would be wise to remember when then-Sen. Barack Obama was campaigning for the presidency and told Joe the Plumber, "I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody." Those are the words of a socialist who learned his lessons well from his socialist upbringing and on the streets of Chicago as a community organizer.
We also would be wise to remember the words of then-Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi regarding her support of Obamacare: "We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it." Those are the words of a socialist scammer.
Socialists are punks who think they are smarter than ordinary Americans and that ordinary Americans are so dumb they need to be managed by Fedzillacrats in Washington. These punks are smug, arrogant and wrong.
What always has worked is more freedom and more liberty. The less government control over individuals and our businesses, the more individuals and America prospers. Duh!
America was born by freedom addicts who risked their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor to throw off the burdensome and heavy yolk of an abusive, soulless foreign power in order to launch an experiment in self-government. The "shot heard 'round the world" still brings freedom music to my ears. I re-enact it on a regular basis.
The experiment worked wonderfully for decades, until the cancerous rot of socialism slowly crept into our government, our laws and other institutions. Instead of reinforcing liberty and freedom, the socialists told us they could eradicate poverty, provide for our senior years, award us with free health care and education, and give everyone good jobs. It was and is all lies.
We see where that has gotten us. The country is a mess because of the perverted deceptions of socialism that are founded in Marx, Lenin and communists like the left's hero, Saul Alinsky, not because of our Founding Fathers, who believed in freedom and liberty. The socialists' Great Society has turned into a great disaster.
Freedom crusader John Stossel routinely points out on his Fox Business television show, "Stossel," the bad and ugly of big-government socialism and the good the free market can create if Fedzilla will lift his heavy foot off of its throat. Mr. Stossel's program should be mandatory viewing for every high school student in America.
The ultimate goal of socialists like Mr. Obama and Mrs. Pelosi is control: We are the puppets, they are the puppet masters.
The only thing standing in the way of their efforts to achieve total domination of Americans is a dead-end brick wall of American freedom addicts who refuse to surrender liberty for the failed promises and lies of big-government socialist punks who have a pathetic record of cultural, economic and social destruction.
Join me at the dead-end brick wall of freedom and liberty. Let's ring the Liberty Bell once again. Educate and remind all the people you know every day that if they're not registered to vote and they fail to vote Romney-Ryan, the socialists win. And the shining city upon a hill comes tumbling down.
Ted Nugent is an American rock 'n' roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is the author of "Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto" and "God, Guns & Rock 'N' Roll" (Regnery Publishing).
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Ted Nugent is an American rock ‘n’ roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is the author of “Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto” and “God, Guns & Rock ‘N’ Roll” (Regnery Publishing).
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Get Breaking Alerts
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- EDITORIAL: Pols' misrepresentations fuel public's cynicism about politics
- EDITORIAL: 'Operation Choke Point': A noose for business
- EDITORIAL: For too many gays, 'tolerance' is a one-way street
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- EDITORIAL: Meriam Ibrahim's happy immigrant story