- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
- PETA ‘hopping mad’ at Michelle Obama for using real eggs at Easter Egg Roll
- Sneaky Nebraska toddler traps self inside claw machine game
- Biden to lead $600 million work force training effort
- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes — ‘your paycheck’
- Despite Obamacare problems, some Dems want Sebelius to run for Senate: report
Rocco family has its stamp on Virginia’s first two matchups
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. — Michael Rocco’s uncle is the coach at the University of Richmond. His dad was a quarterback at Penn State.
So when he saw this year’s Virginia football schedule?
“It was interesting, to say the least,” Rocco said.
It’s a matchup that will take place, in part, because of Danny’s efforts.
“I told Mike London that my nephew was strongly considering opening up his recruitment,” Rocco said. “Recruiting is such a competitive operation, I was really reaching out to help my nephew, because I really thought that Michael would be a great fit up there at U.Va.”
During that process, he leaned on his family, including Danny, for advice. He could have played at Liberty, as his brother Chris did, but was encouraged to play at the highest level he could.
As it was, Danny wouldn’t have coached his nephew for long.
This past offseason, he took the opening with the Spiders, and it was London, a UR grad, making the congratulatory call.
First, though, an interfamily matchup. It’s a new twist for a family that bleeds football.
Through their various connections, most of the U.Va. and UR staffs are familiar with each other.
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- Ga. judge won't stop new Vidalia onion rule
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- EDITORIAL: Intolerance at Brandeis silences Muslim dissident Hirsi Ali
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.