- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Stenhouse goes for 4th straight Iowa Speedway win
Michael Annett, sixth in the standings, said no one doubts Stenhouse can win again Saturday.
“Ricky knows that when he unloads at Iowa Speedway that he’s the one to beat right now, and confidence can mean more than anything _ more than making the right spring change or making the right sway-bar change,” Annett said. “If you know everyone there is trying to beat you, and that’s who they’re focused on, that gives you the little extra bit and sometimes that means more than anything.”
Stenhouse comes in off five straight top-10 finishes, but he hasn’t won since the May race here. He was ninth in Indianapolis last week.
Saturday’s race also marks the end of the Nationwide Series‘ “Dash4Cash” bonus program, and this time a lucky fan will get a piece of the action.
Stenhouse, Dillon, Annett and Sam Hornish Jr. are the drivers eligible for the additional $100,000.
As in years past, the four drivers each will be paired with a fan for the last leg of the “Dash4Cash.” In addition to the highest-placing eligible driver receiving a $100,000 bonus, the fan paired with that driver also gets $100,000.
Drivers became eligible for the “Dash4Cash” if they were among the top four point earners last week. A drawing will determine the fans who’ll be paired with the drivers.
“Putting that fan in there puts pressure on us,” Stenhouse said, “because you want to do it for them as well.”
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Former Blue Angels commander relieved of duty for alleged misconduct
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.