- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- Troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
Clint Eastwood makes Mitt Romney’s day at RNC
Question of the Day
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — Clint Eastwood whipped up the crowd at the Republican National Convention ahead of GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney’s acceptance speech.
The iconic star of “Dirty Harry” and the Oscar-winning director of “Unforgiven” and “Million Dollar Baby,” Eastwood criticized President Barack Obama for failing to turn the economy around and for wanting to close the Guantanamo Bay prison for terror suspects.
Eastwood says Obama has failed to deliver on his promises and it’s time for Romney and his running mate, Paul Ryan, to take over.
He entertained the audience with a mock interview with Obama, posing questions and pretending that Obama had told Eastwood to shut up.
Eastwood endorsed Romney earlier this month at a campaign event in Sun Valley, Idaho.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world