- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
GET OUT: Faces and Stories from America’s Gates
Question of the Day
Miscellany: Twilight Jumpers
For some strange reason, the revelation that Ann Romney is an equestrian was tantamount, in the eyes of the mainstream media, to her being a cannibal. It was as if her decision to ride an expensive horse, rather than a rented burro, told us everything we needed to know about the Romneys. Namely, that the family is too rich to reside in the White House. But as a letter writer to the Salt Lake Tribune noted earlier this month, “Horse ownership isn’t just for the rich; it is for the obsessed.” If you want proof, you can get it Friday night, when the High Performance Equestrian Foundation hosts its next Twilight Jumpers event. You see, equestrians love horses so much, that they will ride them at night, on a Friday. Even the price of admission for the event belies the claim that dressage is only for the wealthy: It’s $30 — not per person, but per carload.
Friday at Great Meadow Foundation, 5089 Old Tavern Road, The Plains, Va.
Concert: Ben Harper
Guitarist and soul singer Ben Harper’s greatest accomplishment is arguably the fact that he has outlasted Jack Johnson, the surf crooner whose career he helped launch. For a while, Mr. Jackson’s popularity with soccer moms and puka shell-wearers seemed to indicate he would overshadow the talents of the person who helped him get started. But as Mr. Johnson’s popularity has ebbed, Mr. Harper has stayed strong, penning increasingly more beautiful pieces.
Tuesday at Wolf Trap, 1645 Trap Road, Vienna, Va.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors