- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
- George Bush consoles embattled Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
- NSA chief defends phone spying: ‘There is no other way’
- Hawaii Health Department head killed in plane crash
- Colorado school drops sexual harassment label on boy who kissed girl’s hand
Celebs tweet about Eastwood at RNC
Question of the Day
A sampling of celebrity tweets in response to Clint Eastwood’s odd conversation with an invisible President Barack Obama in an empty chair before the Republican National Convention on Thursday:
_ “This seat’s taken.” _ President Barack Obama, accompanied by a photo of the back of Obama’s chair with him sitting in it.
_ “20 years ago I wanted Clint Eastwood to make my day. Now I just want him to take his pills and b grateful he doesnt need medicare.” _ Nancy Lee Grahn, “General Hospital” actress.
_ “I demand to see Invisible Obama’s invisible birth certificate.” _ Michael Schaffer, The New Republic.
_ “Clint Eastwood made my day.” _ Charlie Daniels, country singer.
_ “And so on this day, August 30, 2012, (at)MittRomney became a better actor than Clint Eastwood.” _ Lawrence O’Donnell, host of MSNBC’s “The Last Word.”
_ “I can’t believe I just watched (hash)ClintEastwood turn into somebody’s DRUNK UNCLE HARRY on the stage of the (hash)GOP (hash)RNC. He humiliated himself.” _ Star Jones, “Today” contributor.
_ “I. Love. Clint Eastwood.” _ Blake Shelton, country singer and judge on “The Voice.”
_ “I heard that Clint Eastwood was channeling me at the RNC. My lawyers and I are drafting our lawsuit.” _ comic actor Bob Newhart, referring to his signature one-way-conversation routines.
_ “`If Clint Eastwood ever talks to a chair on national TV, people will need a way to reassure each other’ _ inventor of Twitter, March 2006.” _ Patton Oswalt, comedian and actor on “The King of Queens.”
_ “Clint Eastwood’s RNC speech was to imaginary Obama in an empty chair. I’m drafting a DNC speech to imaginary Romney in an empty factory.” _ George Takei, Mr. Sulu of “Star Trek.”
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- Washington Post to readers: Send us your gun violence stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- MILLER: Dick Heller challenges D.C.s gun registration, files for summary judgment in Heller II
- Study IDs reasons for late-term abortions
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Al Maurer provides a common sense, conservatarian, Constitutional conservative perspective from the battleground state of Colorado
Interviews and show reviews from the Los Angeles punk scene past and present. Los Angeles has always been rich in punk rock talent since punk rock was born.
Buzz on Bees is a column promoting the love and life of God’s greatest pollinators on earth: The Honeybee
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow