- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Celebs tweet about Eastwood at RNC
A sampling of celebrity tweets in response to Clint Eastwood’s odd conversation with an invisible President Barack Obama in an empty chair before the Republican National Convention on Thursday:
_ “This seat’s taken.” _ President Barack Obama, accompanied by a photo of the back of Obama’s chair with him sitting in it.
_ “20 years ago I wanted Clint Eastwood to make my day. Now I just want him to take his pills and b grateful he doesnt need medicare.” _ Nancy Lee Grahn, “General Hospital” actress.
_ “I demand to see Invisible Obama’s invisible birth certificate.” _ Michael Schaffer, The New Republic.
_ “Clint Eastwood made my day.” _ Charlie Daniels, country singer.
_ “And so on this day, August 30, 2012, (at)MittRomney became a better actor than Clint Eastwood.” _ Lawrence O’Donnell, host of MSNBC’s “The Last Word.”
_ “I can’t believe I just watched (hash)ClintEastwood turn into somebody’s DRUNK UNCLE HARRY on the stage of the (hash)GOP (hash)RNC. He humiliated himself.” _ Star Jones, “Today” contributor.
_ “I. Love. Clint Eastwood.” _ Blake Shelton, country singer and judge on “The Voice.”
_ “I heard that Clint Eastwood was channeling me at the RNC. My lawyers and I are drafting our lawsuit.” _ comic actor Bob Newhart, referring to his signature one-way-conversation routines.
_ “`If Clint Eastwood ever talks to a chair on national TV, people will need a way to reassure each other’ _ inventor of Twitter, March 2006.” _ Patton Oswalt, comedian and actor on “The King of Queens.”
_ “Clint Eastwood’s RNC speech was to imaginary Obama in an empty chair. I’m drafting a DNC speech to imaginary Romney in an empty factory.” _ George Takei, Mr. Sulu of “Star Trek.”
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- Malaysia Airlines says plane on route to Beijing missing
- Soldier who hid to avoid saluting the flag to be punished in secret; Army won't release details
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again