- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Remembering Neil Armstrong
Question of the Day
Neil Armstrong has died, but his accomplishment belongs to the ages now ("Neil Armstrong, first man on the moon, dies," Web, Saturday). The memory of what he did will live forever in the history of America and the world.
People from all over the globe will continue to look at the moon and proudly say, "We have been there." Indeed, Neil Armstrong represented us all when he landed on the moon. He gave America, in particular, a big moment when he planted the American flag in the Sea of Tranquillity. He opened new worlds for all of us -- the world of outer space and the many planets out there far from Earth.
He was a man of courage, a man of great valor, a man with a vision and a dream, a man who gave us the inspiration to go farther in space than human beings had ever gone before, a man who opened the door to the heavens, above and beyond. But above all, he was a true American hero.
Thank you, Neil Armstrong, and may God bless you forever.
LOUIS GINESI DOMINGUEZ
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Democrats reveal an identity crisis by pretending to be what they're not
Get Breaking Alerts
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Bloomberg: Pro-gun towns must lack roads
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- GRANT: The dangerous decline in America's maritime might
- Bush fixed bowling lanes that Obama wants to renovate
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: How many boondoggles to break the bank?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The problem is unenforced borders
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Where are condolences for Jewish teens' deaths?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama welcomes illegals, ignores Americans
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama has no intention of repatriating illegals