- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Lollapalooza lineup shuffled due to big storm
Question of the Day
CHICAGO (AP) - A powerful thunderstorm rumbled into downtown Chicago on Saturday, forcing organizers to suspend the Lollapalooza music festival for more than two hours while the tens of thousands of concertgoers took shelter in parking garages.
The festivities were halted at 3:30 p.m. after the National Weather Service issued a severe thunderstorm warning because of a line of storms that was barreling down on the city from the west.
Organizers said it was unfortunate, but that safety was paramount. The estimated 100,000 concertgoers took the evacuation order in stride, for the most part, and calmly left Grant Park for nearby underground garages that were designated evacuation centers for the sold-out three-day event, which ends Sunday.
Crowds were allowed back into the venue after the worst of the storm had passed and police and concert organizers had inspected the park for any damage. It was only last summer that storm-driven wind gusts knocked down heavy stage rigging at the state fair in neighboring Indiana, killing seven people and injuring dozens of others.
Organizers posted a reshuffled Saturday lineup that added a half-hour to the night’s events, which were scheduled to culminate with the Red Hot Chili Peppers performing on the main stage.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors