- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
PGA Championship capsules
Question of the Day
Worldwide wins: 38.
Best 2012 performances: Won the Scandinavian Masters and the Indonesian Masters.
2012 majors: Masters-T3, US Open-T10, British Open-T45.
Backspin: Westwood appeared a bit edgy about getting closer to 40, and the limited number of players in their 40s to win majors for the first time. He has won twice this year, and he has shored up his chipping. It’s not his strength, but that doesn’t make it a weakness. The PGA Championship is the one major he has not given himself a serious chance of winning. When he tied for third in 2009, he was five shots behind.
Country: United States.
World ranking: 14.
Worldwide wins: 12.
Best 2012 performances: Won the Tournament of Champions.
2012 majors: Masters-T47, US Open-T15, British Open-T23.
Backspin: Stricker is running out of a time to win a major, although he’s comfortable with what he’s achieved, so that’s not the kind of pressure that will bog him down. Since starting the year with a win at Kapalua, his only good chance at winning was at the John Deere Classic. The surprise is that his putter has let him down. But keep this in mind. In the “Year of the Comeback,” Stricker nearly lost a five-shot lead after just six holes, then steadied himself to win.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world