- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
PGA Championship capsules
Question of the Day
Worldwide wins: 38.
Best 2012 performances: Won the Scandinavian Masters and the Indonesian Masters.
2012 majors: Masters-T3, US Open-T10, British Open-T45.
Backspin: Westwood appeared a bit edgy about getting closer to 40, and the limited number of players in their 40s to win majors for the first time. He has won twice this year, and he has shored up his chipping. It’s not his strength, but that doesn’t make it a weakness. The PGA Championship is the one major he has not given himself a serious chance of winning. When he tied for third in 2009, he was five shots behind.
Country: United States.
World ranking: 14.
Worldwide wins: 12.
Best 2012 performances: Won the Tournament of Champions.
2012 majors: Masters-T47, US Open-T15, British Open-T23.
Backspin: Stricker is running out of a time to win a major, although he’s comfortable with what he’s achieved, so that’s not the kind of pressure that will bog him down. Since starting the year with a win at Kapalua, his only good chance at winning was at the John Deere Classic. The surprise is that his putter has let him down. But keep this in mind. In the “Year of the Comeback,” Stricker nearly lost a five-shot lead after just six holes, then steadied himself to win.
By John McAfee
- Breaking Fad: Alligators becoming the new pit bulls for drug dealers, cops say
- D.C. to tout Obamacare among youth waiting for Air Jordans
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- TARGET credit card theft swells to 40 million victims
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- Obama: 2014 will be 'breakthrough year' for U.S.
- Dems use new filibuster rules to approve DHS nominee Alejandro Mayorkas under investigation
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Our Choice: Individual responsibility and self-government or the abandonment of the American Revolution
Al Maurer provides a common sense, conservatarian, Constitutional conservative perspective from the battleground state of Colorado
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow