- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
- In Colorado, a pot holiday tries to go mainstream
18-year-old fatally shot in P.G. County
An 18-year-old from the District was fatally shot overnight during an attempted robbery, Prince George’s County police said.
Anthony Boatright, of the 5800 block of Foote Street in Northeast Washington, was shot in the 5000 block of Temple Hill Road just after midnight Monday.
Officers charged Darrel Sales, 18, of the 6100 block of Kildare Court in Fort Washington with second-degree murder.
Police said a group of four people, including Mr. Boatwright, happened upon Mr. Sales on the side of the road and got into an altercation. It was not immediately clear which party tried to rob the other, but during the altercation, Mr. Sales pulled a gun from his waistband and fired, police spokeswoman Sgt. Sonya Rorls said.
After obtaining a description of the shooter from witnesses, officers canvassed the area and found Mr. Sales less than a half-mile from the scene, police spokesman Officer Edward Martin said. All of the people involved are adults.
Police also said they are looking into reports that some of the people involved had just left a nearby nightclub. In the past, the police department has cracked down on clubs linked to violent incidents in the community.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- D.C. Council sues Mayor Gray, CFO over budget autonomy law
- D.C. Council sues Mayor Gray over budget autonomy law
- Guilty verdict in execution-style killings of 2 women, 2 children in Lanham
- Minority parties see power grab for D.C. vote
- Two bodies found under bridge near Southeast D.C. highway
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.