- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
18-year-old fatally shot in P.G. County
Question of the Day
An 18-year-old from the District was fatally shot overnight during an attempted robbery, Prince George’s County police said.
Anthony Boatright, of the 5800 block of Foote Street in Northeast Washington, was shot in the 5000 block of Temple Hill Road just after midnight Monday.
Officers charged Darrel Sales, 18, of the 6100 block of Kildare Court in Fort Washington with second-degree murder.
Police said a group of four people, including Mr. Boatwright, happened upon Mr. Sales on the side of the road and got into an altercation. It was not immediately clear which party tried to rob the other, but during the altercation, Mr. Sales pulled a gun from his waistband and fired, police spokeswoman Sgt. Sonya Rorls said.
After obtaining a description of the shooter from witnesses, officers canvassed the area and found Mr. Sales less than a half-mile from the scene, police spokesman Officer Edward Martin said. All of the people involved are adults.
Police also said they are looking into reports that some of the people involved had just left a nearby nightclub. In the past, the police department has cracked down on clubs linked to violent incidents in the community.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Woman fatally struck by bus in Upper Marlboro
- Virginia county revives debate about domestic drones
- GSA picks 3 sites as finalists for new FBI headquarters
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors