- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
Inside Politics: Bernanke says tough times still felt by many
Question of the Day
Mr. Bernanke said that while measures of consumer spending, income and wealth point to improvement, “many individuals and households continue to struggle with difficult economic and financial conditions.”
His comments were made during a prerecorded speech on economic measurement to the International Association for Research in Income and Wealth in Cambridge, Mass.
Mr. Bernanke said statistics can sometimes hide important information. He said there have been interesting developments in the study of “well-being” and cited the kingdom of Bhutan, which abandoned tracking gross national product in 1972 in favor of a measure of happiness.
Top Republicans have called Mr. Reid a liar.
Mrs. Pelosi, who was in Florida Monday, said that although the allegation is unproven, she didn’t think Mr. Reid was wrong to publicize it. Mr. Reid has said only that the tip came from a former Romney associate.
So far, Mr. Romney has released only his 2010 tax return.
No contempt charge for ex-Edwards aide
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Selfie at heart of Obama fiasco to stay secret
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Rand Paul: Budget deal 'shameful,' 'huge mistake'
- Fake interpreter at Mandela service: 'Sorry,' I have schizophrenia
- DIVEST! Oil is the new apartheid on college campuses
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Film Reviews and Articles by Kevin Williams
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow