- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
- CDC sees measles spike and ‘failure to vaccinate’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Romney right to question readiness
The British waited until after the Olympics began to send a team to Bulgaria to investigate a recent terrorist attack that resulted in mass Israeli casualties (“Israeli official: Terror won’t deter tourists,” Web, July 23). The International Olympic Committee, mass media and British authorities seem more concerned about erecting screens between the Israeli athletes and Muslims and attacks on the dignity of Israelis and Jews than they are about addressing security issues. Perhaps the British left Israeli security solely to Shin Bet and the Mossad.
GOP presidential hopeful Mitt Romney raised a fair question when he asked whether London was ready for the Olympics. He was treated terribly for it, not just by the over-indulgent British, but by our citizens who belong to the self-destructive, radical left.
TERRY M. STAUB
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- MILLER: Obamacare enrollees include 101 members of the House of Representatives
- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on 'outdated' agencies
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.