- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Romney right to question readiness
Question of the Day
The British waited until after the Olympics began to send a team to Bulgaria to investigate a recent terrorist attack that resulted in mass Israeli casualties (“Israeli official: Terror won’t deter tourists,” Web, July 23). The International Olympic Committee, mass media and British authorities seem more concerned about erecting screens between the Israeli athletes and Muslims and attacks on the dignity of Israelis and Jews than they are about addressing security issues. Perhaps the British left Israeli security solely to Shin Bet and the Mossad.
GOP presidential hopeful Mitt Romney raised a fair question when he asked whether London was ready for the Olympics. He was treated terribly for it, not just by the over-indulgent British, but by our citizens who belong to the self-destructive, radical left.
TERRY M. STAUB
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Eugenie Bouchard pulls out of D.C.'s Citi Open
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis