- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Weekend shootings claim three in D.C.
Question of the Day
Three men were killed over the weekend in separate shootings in Southeast and Northwest, D.C. police said.
Two of the shootings occurred about three hours apart early Saturday morning in Southeast and the third happened overnight Sunday in Northwest.
Mr. Boseman was one of two men shot around 2:13 a.m. outside an apartment complex in the 800 block of Barnaby Street Southeast in the Washington Highlands neighborhood. He died at the scene of the shooting after being hit multiple times, police said. The second man was taken to a hospital. No updates were available on his condition.
Investigators are uncertain of the motive behind the shooting or who was being targeted.
“We believe at the time of the shooting that there were several people outside, and it is unknown whether they were intended targets,” homicide investigator Lt. Robert Alder said.
About three hours later, Mr. Robinson was shot around 5:19 a.m. in the 2600 block of Douglas Road Southeast in a neighborhood near Anacostia. He was struck multiple times and died at a hospital.
Investigators think Mr. Robinson was alone at the time he was shot in his neighborhood, and police have no description of the shooting suspect.
The Northwest shooting happened around 3 a.m. Sunday in the Park View neighborhood along the Georgia Avenue corridor. A man wearing a ski mask fatally shot 40-year-old Simon Anderson in the 3500 block of Georgia Avenue, Lt. Alder said. Mr. Anderson died at the scene.
The homicides bring this year’s total to 56, compared with the 65 killings recorded at this time last year, according to D.C. police.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
- Term limits still in question after 22 years in Prince George's County
- ACLU slams Gray on issues of transparency
- D.C. police quietly prepping for change in law on marijuana
- Council overrides mayor's veto of fiscal 2015 budget
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq