- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Marvin Hamlisch’s chorus line: key compositions
Question of the Day
Was there an award Marvin Hamlisch didn’t win?
He was showered with many honors throughout his illustrious career, winning Oscars, Grammys, Emmys, Golden Globes and a Tony. Then there’s the Pulitzer Prize.
But more than his awards, he gave audiences endless soundtracks to their lives, composing scores for films directed by Woody Allen and that included Meryl Streep and Robert Redford. “The Way We Were” is just one example of his artistic heft; the No. 1 hit, immortalized by Barbra Streisand, is one of the most revered songs of all time. Doris Day, Barry Manilow and even Beyonce have covered it.
Hamlisch died Monday in Los Angeles after a brief illness at age 68. Here’s a look at his key songs and scores:
Marvin Hamlisch’s key songs:
“Life Is What You Make It” from “Kotch” (1971)
“The Way We Were” from “The Way We Were” (1973)
“The Entertainer” from “The Sting” (1973)
“Nobody Does It Better” from “The Spy Who Loved Me” (1977)
“The Last Time I Felt Like This” from “Same Time, Next Year” (1978)
“Through The Eyes of Love” from “Ice Castles” (1978)
“I Finally Found Someone” from “The Mirror Has Two Faces” (1996)
Marvin Hamlisch’s key scores:
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors