- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Resale of the week: 4-bedroom Crofton Colonial on golf course
Question of the Day
Situated in Crofton, one of Anne Arundel County’s most charming towns, boasting tree-lined streets and a family-friendly atmosphere, is a four-bedroom, brick-front Colonial home on the market for $635,000.
The house sits on a premium corner lot and backs to a golf course in the Tiers of Walden subdivision. It has a stately exterior with a two-car attached garage and tons of windows.
Hardwood flooring shines in the foyer and can be found throughout the main level, including the staircase. The center-hall floor plan features a study on one side of the foyer and the living room on the opposite side.
The study has French doors that can be closed off for working or reading in privacy. Across the foyer, the formal living room offers a great place for conversation and entertaining. It has a wide entryway leading directly into the formal dining room behind it.
Both rooms have detailed decorative molding. The dining room also has chair-rail molding and a rich mahogany accent wall. Dining room guests have the added benefit of a picturesque wooded view out of the rear window.
Nearby is a large kitchen and breakfast room that opens into the two-story family room. The kitchen has a center island with room for two or three stools. There also is plenty of counter and cabinet space.
The rear portion of the home is especially well-lit during the day, with plenty of natural sunshine gleaming through. The breakfast room has sliding glass doors that lead onto a large entertaining deck. In addition to the wood deck, the backyard also has a hot tub and is bordered by mature trees.
Back indoors, the only separation between the breakfast room and the 19-by-15-foot family room is a knee wall, which helps create one large space to enjoy.
The two-story family room is the highlight of the home and a central gathering spot for friends and family. It has two walls of two-story windows and an overlook from the second-floor sitting loft. The centerpiece of the room is a marble fireplace with a mantle to cozy up near on chilly evenings.
A nicely decorated power room with a pedestal sink rounds out the first level.
There are four bedrooms and two full bathrooms on the second floor. All of the upper-level rooms have plush off-white carpeting.
The sunny master suite boasts a cathedral ceiling with a trendy ceiling fan and light fixture and a walk-in closet.
White ceramic tile flooring offers a great contrast to the pale green walls in the private master bath. The bathroom is decked out with a generously sized soaking tub, a double-sink vanity and oversized windows.
The remaining bedrooms also are nicely sized and share a hall bathroom with a double sink.
Golf course and swimming pool memberships are available in this amenity-filled Walden community. Additional community features include a clubhouse, common grounds, jogging and walking paths, tennis courts and playgrounds.
Address: 1547 Hornbeam Drive, Crofton, MD 21114
Community: The Tiers of Walden
Homeowners association fee: $140 per year
Age: Built in 1999
Lot size: .32 acres
Exterior features: Brick-front Colonial on a no-through-traffic street, landscaping, deck, play area, premium golf course lot, two-car garage
Interior features: Four bedrooms, 21/2 baths, hardwood floors, decorative molding, home office, center-island kitchen, two-story family room with second-story overlook, master suite with cathedral ceiling and walk-in closet, master bath with soaking tub and double-sink vanity, separate toilet room with door, unfinished walk-out basement
Amenities: Fireplace with gas insert
Schools: Nantucket Elementary, Crofton Middle, Arundel High
Close by: Golf course, Waugh Chapel Village shopping, Bowie Town Center, movie theater, the Village Green, restaurants, Route 50
Open house: By appointment
Contact: Bill Franklin, Long & Foster Realtors, 410/451-6205
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Despite rhetoric, gun prosecutions plummet under Obama
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq