- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Suspect in Metrobus shootings dies in New York
A man believed by police to have fatally shot his girlfriend and wounded their child as they boarded a Metrobus in Southeast was found dead in New York on Monday evening in an apparent suicide.
The body of Jason Steven Foster, 27, was found in Nassau County in Long Island, N.Y., according to reports.
News of his death came after D.C. police hours earlier named him as a suspect in the shooting, which occurred Sunday at 5:40 p.m. in the 1700 block of Minnesota Avenue.
Police said officers found the victim, 20-year-old Selina Brown of 334 42nd St. Northeast, in an “unconscious and unresponsive state” in the doorway of the bus. Ms. Brown, shot multiple times, was pronounced dead at the scene.
In February, Ms. Brown identified Mr. Foster as the biological or adoptive father of her child in court documents seeking sole legal and physical custody of their daughter. At the time of the filing, they were not living together. Neither Ms. Brown nor Mr. Foster showed up for the court date scheduled in April and the case was closed.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.