- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag when Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
Eury Jr. named Stremme’s crew chief at Swan Racing
Question of the Day
The Monday hiring was part of new owner Brandon Davis‘ plan to use the offseason to make the team competitive.
“We have a long-term vision for Swan Racing and the addition of Tony Jr. is another step in that process,” said Davis, CEO of independent oil and gas company Swan Energy. “Tony brings a world of experience to Swan Racing and will be part of our long-term success.”
Eury had spent the last three seasons as crew chief for Danica Patrick at JR Motorsports until his release from the Nationwide Series team in September because of a difference in philosophy between Eury and Dale Earnhardt Jr., his cousin.
Eury also had been a co-owner of JR Motorsports. He won 19 Sprint Cup races with Michael Waltrip and Earnhardt at Dale Earnhardt Inc., and went with Earnhardt to Hendrick Motorsports in 2008. He and Earnhardt won a pair of races at Hendrick Motorsports, but were split apart 12 races into the 2009 season. Eury then moved full-time to JR Motorsports.
“I am really impressed with the team Swan Racing is building and I am proud to be part of it,” Eury said. “I am looking forward to working with David Stremme behind the wheel and with competition director Steve Hmiel.”
Stremme is thrilled with the direction of the team, which is making key hires and is committed to race next season. Stremme parked early in 20 of 28 races last season.
“The team has transformed itself virtually overnight. It’s hard to believe just how different this team is in such a short period of time,” Stremme said. “This is how you build success from the ground up, you hire quality people, put their experience to work and execute on race day. Let’s go racing.”
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world