- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: ‘It’s scary’
- Pro-Russian forces storm Ukrainian national guard base; 3 killed
- Joe Biden’s first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: New day or sad goodnight?
With the November elections over, many Democrats are now basking in the light of a new electoral paradigm composed of a melange of disparate interests outnumbering the former mainstream majority.
The 20th was the American century, during which we saved the world from tyranny in World War I, World War II and the Cold War and took Americans to the moon and back. We became the world’s sole superpower, a nation like none other. But what would the picture have been had then-extant political leadership been elected by today’s new majority? The new majority includes agenda-driven constituents, unions, welfare recipients and environmentalists, none distinguished by flag-waving patriotism. What would the Greatest Generation have looked like in the face of all this if, in fact, there would have been one at all?
Now we face the lengthy remainder of the 21st century, one that will have the potential to be far more dangerous to world peace than the last, with an ascendant, authoritarian Red China and resurgent, extremist, militant Islam. In that context, consider this: Does the new Democratic majority signal a new, great day for America, or a sad goodnight?
Santa Rosa, Calif.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- NAPOLITANO: Hope for the dead and freedom for the living
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- PETA officials collide with deer
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support demonstrates voters' distrust
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare disasters were avoidable
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Muhammad wouldn't condone Boston bombing
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: High heels: Hazardous to one's health?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Marshall's comments hurt GOP, pro-lifers