- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: New day or sad goodnight?
With the November elections over, many Democrats are now basking in the light of a new electoral paradigm composed of a melange of disparate interests outnumbering the former mainstream majority.
The 20th was the American century, during which we saved the world from tyranny in World War I, World War II and the Cold War and took Americans to the moon and back. We became the world’s sole superpower, a nation like none other. But what would the picture have been had then-extant political leadership been elected by today’s new majority? The new majority includes agenda-driven constituents, unions, welfare recipients and environmentalists, none distinguished by flag-waving patriotism. What would the Greatest Generation have looked like in the face of all this if, in fact, there would have been one at all?
Now we face the lengthy remainder of the 21st century, one that will have the potential to be far more dangerous to world peace than the last, with an ascendant, authoritarian Red China and resurgent, extremist, militant Islam. In that context, consider this: Does the new Democratic majority signal a new, great day for America, or a sad goodnight?
Santa Rosa, Calif.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Get Breaking Alerts
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges