- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Take a page from Obama playbook
Question of the Day
America’s tax “can” has been kicked down the road for four years now — and it has come to rest at a spot where the road ends, right on the precipice of the great “fiscal cliff.”
President Obama, the nation’s premier can-punter, has once again donned his earplugs and tunnel-vision goggles as he steps onto that crumbling, poorly patched stretch of financial asphalt and prepares to apply the toe of his well-polished boot to the middle of that battered can, sending it over the edge into the abyss below.
What would happen if all the Republicans and Democrats who were opposed to Mr. Obama’s punitive tax on 2 percent of our population took a page from the president’s political past and simply declared themselves “present” when the vote was taken? It is a matter of record that as a state senator and U.S. senator from Illinois, Mr. Obama declared himself simply “present” on many occasions, rather than voting “yea” or “nay.” Why would it be wrong for Republicans and Democrats who disagree with this odious legislation to do so now?
Mr. Obama and his supporters want control of the fiscal cliff situation, so let’s give it to them — along with its ownership. Let them decide whether they wish to be responsible for maintaining our current national tax rate or be remembered for supporting what will become forever known in our history as “the big Obama tax increases of 2013.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
- ISTOOK: Get ready for super-priced burgers due to NLRB decree