- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Taking Names: Springsteen, Lady Gaga to join Stones concert
The concert will be at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., and will be telecast live on pay-per-view, the band said Monday.
The Stones have played in London and New York on their “50 and Counting” tour. They also will play in Newark on Thursday.
A Belgian mayor says famed French actor Gerard Depardieu has bought a home and set up legal residence in his small town, lured by the food, the people, the lifestyle — and lower tax rates than back home.
The Socialist government under French President Francois Hollande has infuriated many ultra-rich in France by presenting a 2013 budget that would tax top earners at 75 percent over the first $1.3 million of annual income. Belgium’s top rate is 50 percent.
Mayor Daniel Senesael of Nechin, about a half-mile inside Belgium near the French city of Lille, said that “in our conversation, his reasons were also other than those about taxes,” RTL radio reported.
Mr. Depardieu’s talent agent didn’t immediately respond to an email seeking comment.
Alicia Keys wants hair that’s even shorter
Alicia Keys recently chopped off most of her hair, and the singer is looking to cut off more.
The R&B superstar debuted her bob hairdo this summer. In a recent interview, Miss Keys said she wants to go “even shorter.”
When asked if she would shave her head, the 31-year-old replied: “I’m thinking about something like that. I’m telling you. I’m going there. I’m doing it.”
The Grammy-winning Miss Keys arrived on the music scene in 2001 with braids, and she has mostly worn her hair long. She says with her new cut, she’s able to do more with her hair.
If she shaves her head, she’ll follow a list of celebrities including Natalie Portman, India.Arie, Chrisette Michelle and Kellie Pickler.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Unanimous Senate passes bill on military sex assault to give victims more say in prosecution
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again