- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
- CDC sees measles spike and ‘failure to vaccinate’
Taking Names: Springsteen, Lady Gaga to join Stones concert
The concert will be at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., and will be telecast live on pay-per-view, the band said Monday.
The Stones have played in London and New York on their “50 and Counting” tour. They also will play in Newark on Thursday.
A Belgian mayor says famed French actor Gerard Depardieu has bought a home and set up legal residence in his small town, lured by the food, the people, the lifestyle — and lower tax rates than back home.
The Socialist government under French President Francois Hollande has infuriated many ultra-rich in France by presenting a 2013 budget that would tax top earners at 75 percent over the first $1.3 million of annual income. Belgium’s top rate is 50 percent.
Mayor Daniel Senesael of Nechin, about a half-mile inside Belgium near the French city of Lille, said that “in our conversation, his reasons were also other than those about taxes,” RTL radio reported.
Mr. Depardieu’s talent agent didn’t immediately respond to an email seeking comment.
Alicia Keys wants hair that’s even shorter
Alicia Keys recently chopped off most of her hair, and the singer is looking to cut off more.
The R&B superstar debuted her bob hairdo this summer. In a recent interview, Miss Keys said she wants to go “even shorter.”
When asked if she would shave her head, the 31-year-old replied: “I’m thinking about something like that. I’m telling you. I’m going there. I’m doing it.”
The Grammy-winning Miss Keys arrived on the music scene in 2001 with braids, and she has mostly worn her hair long. She says with her new cut, she’s able to do more with her hair.
If she shaves her head, she’ll follow a list of celebrities including Natalie Portman, India.Arie, Chrisette Michelle and Kellie Pickler.
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- MILLER: Obamacare enrollees include 101 members of the House of Representatives
- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on 'outdated' agencies
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
A politically conservative and morally liberal Hebrew alpha male hunts left-wing viper
This column will cover anything that has anything remotely to do with the game of baseball, from the game itself to mid-summer trades to offseason moves.
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
Political satirist and Christian apologist Bob Siegel discusses religion and politics.
White House pets gone wild!