- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
Taking Names: Springsteen, Lady Gaga to join Stones concert
The concert will be at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., and will be telecast live on pay-per-view, the band said Monday.
The Stones have played in London and New York on their “50 and Counting” tour. They also will play in Newark on Thursday.
A Belgian mayor says famed French actor Gerard Depardieu has bought a home and set up legal residence in his small town, lured by the food, the people, the lifestyle — and lower tax rates than back home.
The Socialist government under French President Francois Hollande has infuriated many ultra-rich in France by presenting a 2013 budget that would tax top earners at 75 percent over the first $1.3 million of annual income. Belgium’s top rate is 50 percent.
Mayor Daniel Senesael of Nechin, about a half-mile inside Belgium near the French city of Lille, said that “in our conversation, his reasons were also other than those about taxes,” RTL radio reported.
Mr. Depardieu’s talent agent didn’t immediately respond to an email seeking comment.
Alicia Keys wants hair that’s even shorter
Alicia Keys recently chopped off most of her hair, and the singer is looking to cut off more.
The R&B superstar debuted her bob hairdo this summer. In a recent interview, Miss Keys said she wants to go “even shorter.”
When asked if she would shave her head, the 31-year-old replied: “I’m thinking about something like that. I’m telling you. I’m going there. I’m doing it.”
The Grammy-winning Miss Keys arrived on the music scene in 2001 with braids, and she has mostly worn her hair long. She says with her new cut, she’s able to do more with her hair.
If she shaves her head, she’ll follow a list of celebrities including Natalie Portman, India.Arie, Chrisette Michelle and Kellie Pickler.
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- IRS pays tax cheats hundreds of millions of dollars
- HURT: D.C. gets the vapors, calls sequester too much
- Top Democrats reject court ruling over NSA spying on Americans
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- EDITORIAL: Al Gore, soothsayer
- Obama mocks Putin, picks gay athletes for Sochi delegation
- We told you so: Conservatives foresaw polygamy ruling
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- Senators in rush to pass budget vow to undo cut to military retirement pay
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
Southern Fried Politics from the Lens of a Persian-American Millennial
Wall Street news for retail investors who want to know what's going on.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow