- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
UK police arrest 6th person in sex abuse probe
Question of the Day
The Metropolitan Police said officers arrested a man in his 60s on suspicion of sexual offences. The man, who was not identified, was taken to a London police station for questioning and was later released on bail until January, Scotland Yard said.
Six people have been arrested while a seventh has been questioned. No one has been charged.
The arrest is the latest in Operation Yewtree, a broad investigation into child sex abuse spurred by the case of Savile, a popular BBC children’s program presenter who has been accused of serial sex abuse of underage girls. Police say there may be several hundred victims of Savile, who died last year aged 84.
The Savile allegations have embarrassed the BBC, which has been accused of failing to report on investigations into Savile’s alleged crimes. BBC Director-general George Entwistle was forced to resign last month over the broadcaster’s handling of the scandal.
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women's fitness tests
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world