- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
U.K. police arrest 6th person in sex-abuse probe
LONDON (AP) — British police on Monday arrested another suspect in the sex-abuse probe spurred by allegations against the late BBC entertainer Jimmy Savile.
The Metropolitan Police said officers arrested a man in his 60s on suspicion of sexual offenses. The man, who was not identified, was taken to a London police station for questioning and later was released on bail until January, Scotland Yard said.
Six people have been arrested while a seventh has been questioned. No one has been charged.
The arrest is the latest in Operation Yewtree, a broad investigation into child sex abuse spurred by the case of Savile, a popular BBC children’s program host who has been accused of serial sex abuse of underage girls. Police say there may be several hundred victims of Savile, who died last year at 84.
The Savile allegations have embarrassed the BBC, which has been accused of failing to report on investigations into Savile’s alleged crimes. BBC Director-General George Entwistle was forced to resign last month over the broadcaster’s handling of the scandal.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.