- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Eagles’ LeSean McCoy, Michael Vick practicing; Robbie Gould’s season over
Rookie Bryce Brown, a seventh-round pick, filled in nicely for McCoy. He had 347 yards rushing in his first two starts before being held to just 6 yards on 12 carries against Tampa Bay’s top-ranked run defense.
The Eagles (4-9) have been eliminated from playoff contention.
Bears’ Gould on IR with calf injury
LAKE FOREST, Ill. — Chicago kicker Robbie Gould will miss the rest of the season after injuring his left calf, another blow to the stumbling Bears with a big NFC North showdown coming up Sunday against the Packers.
The Bears placed Gould on injured reserve Tuesday and signed veteran kicker Olindo Mare to a one-year contract. They also placed cornerback Sherrick McManis (knee) and safety Craig Steltz (chest) on IR while signing linebacker Jerry Franklin to a two-year deal, elevating receiver Joe Anderson from the practice squad and waiving offensive lineman Andre Gurode.
Around the league
RAVENS: Rookie cornerback Asa Jackson has been suspended for four games for violating the NFL’s policy on performance enhancing substances. Jackson has played the past three weeks on special teams after being inactive for Baltimore’s first 10 games. He has one tackle. Jackson was a fifth-round pick out of Cal Poly.
STEELERS: Rookie guard David DeCastro is on track to make his starting debut Sunday at Dallas. The 24th overall pick in April, DeCastro suffered a torn MCL during the Steelers’ third preseason game and did not return to practice until mid-November. He was in uniform the past two games but only used on special teams.
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Redskins bypass big splash - for now - as free agency period begins
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again