- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Gun assault not just harassment
In “Bob Costas shoots himself in the foot” (Commentary, Wednesday), Emily Miller writes, “The timing of the anti-gun efforts is not a coincidence.” She then quotes National Rifle Association President David Keene pointing out that anti-gun speech has increased since President Obama’s re-election. The implication is that many expect Mr. Obama to take some action detrimental to gun rights.
He already has. On Nov. 7, immediately after winning the election, Mr. Obama advanced the Small Arms Treaty at the United Nations. The treaty effectively would give the United Nations control over gun ownership in spite of our constitutional Second Amendment rights.
Americans face peril from the clear coordination within the leftist media of propaganda aimed at preparing the metaphorical battlefield in advance of Mr. Obama’s attacks on the Constitution through both Senate and executive actions. We must never assume incoming rounds are simply harassment fire.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Daniel Pipes
Get Breaking Alerts
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Time for feckless president to show resolve
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama reserves 'Chicago way' for GOP
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Public education would wither in free market
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Turkey not committed to Cyprus peace
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spoiled-kid culture creates greedy adults