- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Gun assault not just harassment
Question of the Day
In “Bob Costas shoots himself in the foot” (Commentary, Wednesday), Emily Miller writes, “The timing of the anti-gun efforts is not a coincidence.” She then quotes National Rifle Association President David Keene pointing out that anti-gun speech has increased since President Obama’s re-election. The implication is that many expect Mr. Obama to take some action detrimental to gun rights.
He already has. On Nov. 7, immediately after winning the election, Mr. Obama advanced the Small Arms Treaty at the United Nations. The treaty effectively would give the United Nations control over gun ownership in spite of our constitutional Second Amendment rights.
Americans face peril from the clear coordination within the leftist media of propaganda aimed at preparing the metaphorical battlefield in advance of Mr. Obama’s attacks on the Constitution through both Senate and executive actions. We must never assume incoming rounds are simply harassment fire.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
Get Breaking Alerts
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations