- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
TKTS discount booth in Times Square halts program
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - The booth that sells tickets for Broadway and off-Broadway shows in Times Square is suspending a pilot program until after the holidays that offered tickets to matinee and evening shows all day.
The Theatre Development Fund, the nonprofit which runs the TKTS booth, cited the holiday crush in Times Square, which has increased because Superstorm Sandy flooded its booth at the South Street Seaport.
Until Jan. 6, when the program resumes, matinee tickets will be sold beginning at 10 a.m. for Wednesday and Saturday matinees and 11 a.m. for Sunday matinees. Evening performances will be sold beginning at 3 p.m.
The fund will continue to allow ticket buyers to buy same-day full-price tickets to shows that are not being discounted and for all shows for future performances.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world