- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Abortion kills future leaders
Question of the Day
Abortion is destroying the future of America. Why aren’t we concerned for aborted children? They are victims of ruthless oppression from people to whom they cannot express their pain. These are the unseen — murdered without a chance to breathe.
Destroying the lives of the aborted can be viewed as an easy procedure because we allow them to be killed without anyone ever witnessing an expression of pain on their faces. Many women say it is their right to choose whether an unborn child lives. Yet those they choose to abort never get a choice at anything, let alone life.
In fact, half of the innocent ones they choose to destroy are girls, who would have one day become women. Because of a “choice,” they never get a choice to do anything, let alone have their own choice to give life. How can we allow one person the right to take a right away from another person? This cannot work in a just society.
How can someone who holds the right to choose take away the greater right to life, to which every unborn child should be entitled? Fifty million dead babies are too many. This equals one-sixth of the population of the United States. In their ranks would be congressmen, businessmen, military generals, captains of ships, astronauts, countless leaders and average citizens, and possibly a president.
We cannot just focus on the unborn child, but on who that child would become one day. When we look from this perspective, we realize it is not just undeveloped substance that is killed, but the hope and future of America.
The conversation on abortion must no longer be about the right to choose, but on choosing to do right.
King George, Va.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job