- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Abortion kills future leaders
Question of the Day
Abortion is destroying the future of America. Why aren’t we concerned for aborted children? They are victims of ruthless oppression from people to whom they cannot express their pain. These are the unseen — murdered without a chance to breathe.
Destroying the lives of the aborted can be viewed as an easy procedure because we allow them to be killed without anyone ever witnessing an expression of pain on their faces. Many women say it is their right to choose whether an unborn child lives. Yet those they choose to abort never get a choice at anything, let alone life.
In fact, half of the innocent ones they choose to destroy are girls, who would have one day become women. Because of a “choice,” they never get a choice to do anything, let alone have their own choice to give life. How can we allow one person the right to take a right away from another person? This cannot work in a just society.
How can someone who holds the right to choose take away the greater right to life, to which every unborn child should be entitled? Fifty million dead babies are too many. This equals one-sixth of the population of the United States. In their ranks would be congressmen, businessmen, military generals, captains of ships, astronauts, countless leaders and average citizens, and possibly a president.
We cannot just focus on the unborn child, but on who that child would become one day. When we look from this perspective, we realize it is not just undeveloped substance that is killed, but the hope and future of America.
The conversation on abortion must no longer be about the right to choose, but on choosing to do right.
King George, Va.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- ISIL captured 52 U.S.-made howitzers; artillery weapons cost 500K each