- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
NFL Capsule-Bengals at Eagles
CINCINNATI (7-6) At PHILADELPHIA (4-9)
Thursday, 8:20 p.m., NFL Network
OPENING LINE _ Bengals by 3
RECORD VS. SPREAD _ Cincinnati 6-6-1; Philadelphia 3-9-1
SERIES RECORD _ Bengals lead 7-3-1
AP PRO32 RANKING _ Bengals No. 16, Eagles No. 27
LAST MEETING _ Bengals 13, Eagles 13 (tie), Nov. 16, 2008
BENGALS OFFENSE _ OVERALL (15), RUSH (14), PASS (14)
BENGALS DEFENSE _ OVERALL (7), RUSH (11), PASS (10)
EAGLES OFFENSE _ OVERALL (11), RUSH (9), PASS (15)
EAGLES DEFENSE _ OVERALL (14), RUSH (17), PASS (15)
STREAKS, STATS AND NOTES: Eagles and Bengals two of seven teams ranked in top 15 in both offense and defense. … Bengals 4-3 on Thursdays, including 1-2 under coach Marvin Lewis. … QB Andy Dalton’s 90.3 passer rating fifth in AFC. His 25 TD passes seven shy of tying Carson Palmer’s single-season team record. … RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis’s streak of 100-yard games ended at three when he had 89 vs. Dallas. … WR A.J. Green scored TD in each of first nine games, but has been kept out of end zone in last three. … Bengals lead NFL with 42 sacks. Cincinnati has never led league in sacks. Club record for season 48. … Defense has allowed 281 yards per game over last five, rising from 20th overall to seventh. … QB Nick Foles set Eagles’ single-game rookie passing records with 32 completions and 381 yards last week vs. Tampa Bay. Foles has 1,174 yards passing, trailing John Reaves (1,508 in 1972) and Davey O’Brien (1,324 in 1939) for team’s rookie mark. His 113 completions are an Eagles rookie record. … All four of Philadelphia’s wins have come by two or fewer points this season, which is most in team history … Rookie DT Fletcher Cox has three sacks in last five games. … Rookie RB Bryce Brown had 6 yards rushing on 12 carries against Tampa Bay’s top-ranked run defense after gaining 347 yards in first two starts. … Eagles 39-16 in December under Andy Reid.
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Top Democrats reject court ruling over NSA spying on Americans
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- PRUDEN: The scam that will not die
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- HURT: D.C. gets the vapors, calls sequester too much
- Obama mocks Putin, picks gay athletes for Sochi delegation
- Colorado revolt: 55 of 62 sheriffs refuse to enforce new gun laws
- Senators in rush to pass budget vow to undo cut to military retirement pay
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow