- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
O’Reilly strikes back against ‘War on Christmas’
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - Deck the halls and man the battle stations. The fight has resumed.
This annual uproar may have escaped the notice of some Christmas observers.
Those are people who mean no disrespect to Christmas by replacing “Merry Christmas” with the more inclusive “Happy holidays.” Those are people who are able to forgive as good intentions gone awry the occasional misguided stab at political correctness. (“Holiday tree”? Really?!)
Those are people who might be surprised to learn that Christmas is under threat of a power grab by atheists, libertines, elites, advocates for gay rights, pro-abortion rights and drug legalization, plus garden-variety left-wing wack jobs.
In short, those are people who aren’t watching Bill O'Reilly.
Every right-thinking person needs to “stand up and fight against this secular progressivism that wants to diminish the Christmas holiday,” he fulminated recently to that night’s guest, Fox News personality and former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee. “We have to start to fight back against these people.”
“You know, Bill,” Huckabee said gently, “the nature of most Christians is not to get into a fight and a squabble.”
“But you’re gonna LOSE!” warned his host.
And there’s more where that came from.
“It is a fact that Christianity is not a religion. It is a phil-o-so-phy,” he told his audience, stretching out the word as if speaking to small children.
TWT Video Picks
By Fingers Malloy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world