- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
- FBI failed to throughly vet Boston bombing suspect after Russian lead, report finds
- Atlanta Braves flooded with Hank Aaron hate mail: He’s a ‘scumbag’
- University: Help, our campus is too white
O’Reilly strikes back against ‘War on Christmas’
NEW YORK (AP) - Deck the halls and man the battle stations. The fight has resumed.
This annual uproar may have escaped the notice of some Christmas observers.
Those are people who mean no disrespect to Christmas by replacing “Merry Christmas” with the more inclusive “Happy holidays.” Those are people who are able to forgive as good intentions gone awry the occasional misguided stab at political correctness. (“Holiday tree”? Really?!)
Those are people who might be surprised to learn that Christmas is under threat of a power grab by atheists, libertines, elites, advocates for gay rights, pro-abortion rights and drug legalization, plus garden-variety left-wing wack jobs.
In short, those are people who aren’t watching Bill O'Reilly.
Every right-thinking person needs to “stand up and fight against this secular progressivism that wants to diminish the Christmas holiday,” he fulminated recently to that night’s guest, Fox News personality and former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee. “We have to start to fight back against these people.”
“You know, Bill,” Huckabee said gently, “the nature of most Christians is not to get into a fight and a squabble.”
“But you’re gonna LOSE!” warned his host.
And there’s more where that came from.
“It is a fact that Christianity is not a religion. It is a phil-o-so-phy,” he told his audience, stretching out the word as if speaking to small children.
TWT Video Picks
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Kirsten Dunst: Actress sparks feminist ire: 'You need a man to be a man'
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- PHILLIPS: What did Harry Reid know and when did he know it?
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes