- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Prince William graces ‘Hobbit’ green carpet in UK
LONDON (AP) - Prince William is joining stars such as Ian McKellen and Cate Blanchett on the green carpet in London for the U.K. premiere of “The Hobbit,” the first part of Peter Jackson’s “The Lord of the Rings” prelude.
William’s pregnant wife, Kate, is missing from the prince’s arm _ she cancelled her appearance at the premiere due to acute morning sickness.
McKellan, who plays the wizard Gandalf in the adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien’s work, told reporters Wednesday that it “feels proper” to celebrate the film in London, given that a large part of the cast is British and Tolkien was an English writer.
Blanchett, who plays elf queen Galadriel, said it was great to see so many fans turn out considering the cold weather was “enough to drive anyone away.”
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- KEENE: Familiar refrains from Britain's 'Tea Party'
- Skeptics on all sides take aim of John Kerry's tentative deal on Ukraine
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.