- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Prince William graces ‘Hobbit’ red carpet in UK
Question of the Day
LONDON (AP) - Prince William is joining stars such as Ian McKellen and Cate Blanchett on the red carpet in London for the U.K. premiere of “The Hobbit,” the first part of Peter Jackson’s “The Lord of the Rings” prelude.
William’s pregnant wife, Kate, is missing from the prince’s arm _ she cancelled her appearance at the premiere due to acute morning sickness.
McKellan, who plays the wizard Gandalf in the adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien’s work, told reporters Wednesday that it “feels proper” to celebrate the film in London, given that a large part of the cast is British and Tolkien was an English writer.
Blanchett, who plays elf queen Galadriel, said it was great to see so many fans turn out considering the cold weather was “enough to drive anyone away.”
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world