- Boise business entices customers to come break stuff — ‘recreational destruction’
- Fired Yahoo exec’s $60 million golden parachute may be a record
- Arkansas gynecologist snapped nude photos of patients, police say
- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: ‘Gimme’ culture is to blame
The Republican National Committee plans to probe GOP failures in the 2012 election (“RNC to see what went wrong,” Web, Monday). Look no further. Here is what went wrong: Left-wing activist judges took God out of the classroom and public square, and educators started teaching revisionist history and social issues.
Instead of teaching their students to think critically for themselves, educators now tell youngsters what to think. It’s no secret that the left owns the public school and collegiate educational systems. The unions own the teachers and professors and therefore, many teach leftist philosophy in order to keep their wages and benefits above those of the average private-sector employees.
Unions have become huge bullies with tremendous voting blocs. We have abandoned our God-fearing heritage and principles, our Constitution and the Founding Fathers — all for political correctness. Our country has lost its soul.
The government is employing more than 100 new employees every month. With this sort of bloated government, most civil servants vote Democratic to keep the gravy train going. They fear not doing so could cost them their livelihoods. The average government employee makes $84,000 per year, far more than their counterparts in the private sector. With more and more Americans on disability, unemployment, food stamps and Medicaid, more than half of our nation has become dependent on government. This is a real threat to our freedom.
When people on welfare get to decide that entrepreneurs and job creators must spend more and more of their hard-earned money to support others, we are in a heap of trouble. Those with their hand in the government till will continue to vote Democratic to expand their benefits with even more government handouts. This will insure Democratic control of our country until we go broke. That is what “went wrong.”
Berwyn Heights, Md.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support demonstrates voters' distrust
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare disasters were avoidable
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Muhammad wouldn't condone Boston bombing
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: High heels: Hazardous to one's health?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Marshall's comments hurt GOP, pro-lifers