- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: ‘Gimme’ culture is to blame
Question of the Day
The Republican National Committee plans to probe GOP failures in the 2012 election (“RNC to see what went wrong,” Web, Monday). Look no further. Here is what went wrong: Left-wing activist judges took God out of the classroom and public square, and educators started teaching revisionist history and social issues.
Instead of teaching their students to think critically for themselves, educators now tell youngsters what to think. It’s no secret that the left owns the public school and collegiate educational systems. The unions own the teachers and professors and therefore, many teach leftist philosophy in order to keep their wages and benefits above those of the average private-sector employees.
Unions have become huge bullies with tremendous voting blocs. We have abandoned our God-fearing heritage and principles, our Constitution and the Founding Fathers — all for political correctness. Our country has lost its soul.
The government is employing more than 100 new employees every month. With this sort of bloated government, most civil servants vote Democratic to keep the gravy train going. They fear not doing so could cost them their livelihoods. The average government employee makes $84,000 per year, far more than their counterparts in the private sector. With more and more Americans on disability, unemployment, food stamps and Medicaid, more than half of our nation has become dependent on government. This is a real threat to our freedom.
When people on welfare get to decide that entrepreneurs and job creators must spend more and more of their hard-earned money to support others, we are in a heap of trouble. Those with their hand in the government till will continue to vote Democratic to expand their benefits with even more government handouts. This will insure Democratic control of our country until we go broke. That is what “went wrong.”
Berwyn Heights, Md.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Get Breaking Alerts
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- EDITORIAL: Pols' misrepresentations fuel public's cynicism about politics
- EDITORIAL: 'Operation Choke Point': A noose for business
- EDITORIAL: For too many gays, 'tolerance' is a one-way street
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- EDITORIAL: Meriam Ibrahim's happy immigrant story