- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: ‘Gimme’ culture is to blame
The Republican National Committee plans to probe GOP failures in the 2012 election (“RNC to see what went wrong,” Web, Monday). Look no further. Here is what went wrong: Left-wing activist judges took God out of the classroom and public square, and educators started teaching revisionist history and social issues.
Instead of teaching their students to think critically for themselves, educators now tell youngsters what to think. It’s no secret that the left owns the public school and collegiate educational systems. The unions own the teachers and professors and therefore, many teach leftist philosophy in order to keep their wages and benefits above those of the average private-sector employees.
Unions have become huge bullies with tremendous voting blocs. We have abandoned our God-fearing heritage and principles, our Constitution and the Founding Fathers — all for political correctness. Our country has lost its soul.
The government is employing more than 100 new employees every month. With this sort of bloated government, most civil servants vote Democratic to keep the gravy train going. They fear not doing so could cost them their livelihoods. The average government employee makes $84,000 per year, far more than their counterparts in the private sector. With more and more Americans on disability, unemployment, food stamps and Medicaid, more than half of our nation has become dependent on government. This is a real threat to our freedom.
When people on welfare get to decide that entrepreneurs and job creators must spend more and more of their hard-earned money to support others, we are in a heap of trouble. Those with their hand in the government till will continue to vote Democratic to expand their benefits with even more government handouts. This will insure Democratic control of our country until we go broke. That is what “went wrong.”
Berwyn Heights, Md.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Get Breaking Alerts
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Unanimous Senate passes bill on military sex assault to give victims more say in prosecution
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to 'man up' in horse carriage fight
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats’ pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- EDITORIAL: Enforce the Law Act aims to hold Obama accountable
- EDITORIAL: Relief from 'homeowners association nightmares'
- EDITORIAL: Lawyers encouraging pursuit of jackpot justice
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same