- State Department: ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
Question of the Day
COOLUM, AUSTRALIA (AP) - Australia's Daniel Popovic shot an 8-under 64 to take a two-stroke lead after the first round of the Australian PGA on Thursday, then revealed that his father is battling incurable cancer.
Popovic said his father, Radi, who gave him his start in the game, is battling a form of bone cancer.
Popovic, on his first year on the Australasian PGA Tour, birdied his first four holes at the Palmer Coolum Resort, and later had a string of five straight birdies.
Australia's Scott Strange opened with a 66, and 2006 U.S. Open champion Geoff Ogilvy of Australia and OneAsia Tour regulars Zhang Xinjun of China and Choo Tze-huang of Singapore shot 67s.
Peter Senior, the Australian Open winner last week at age 53, had a 68.
Greg Norman pulled out after two holes _ both bogeys _ because of food poisoning.
ALFRED DUNHILL CHAMPIONSHIP
MALELANE, South Africa (AP) _ France's Gregory Bourdy shot a 6-under 66 at Leopard Creek to take the first-round lead in the Alfred Dunhill Championship.
South African star Schwartzel, coming off an 11-stroke victory Sunday in Thailand, was a stroke back along with countrymen Louis de Jager, Oliver Bekker and Darren Fichardt and Englishmen Steve Webster and Richard Bland. South Africa's Louis Oosthuizen had a 73.
The tournament is sanctioned by the European and Sunshine tours.
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world