- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
AP source: Temple offers coaching job to Rhule
The person said University of Miami defensive coordinator Mark D’Onofrio withdrew from consideration.
The Owls are in the market for their third coach in four seasons, following Steve Addazio’s departure to Boston College last week. Temple went 4-7 this season after having three straight winning seasons and playing in two bowl games under Addazio and Al Golden.
Rhule has strong ties to Temple, a factor high on the university’s wish list after Addazio bolted after only two seasons. Rhule spent six seasons on the Owls’ coaching staff before joining Tom Coughlin’s staff as the Giants‘ assistant offensive line coach. Rhule, who played four seasons at Penn State, was the assistant offensive coordinator and tight ends coach, as well as the recruiting coordinator, when he left for the Giants.
Under Rhule’s lead, Temple’s recruiting class ranked No. 1 in the Mid-American Conference from 2006-2008.
Once one of the worst programs in the nation, the Owls found their footing in the MAC, but struggled in a return to the Big East this season.
Temple Athletic Director Bill Bradshaw said this week about 75 people had expressed interest in the program’s vacant football job. Eagles defensive coordinator Todd Bowles, a former Owl, confirmed he interviewed for the job.
Bradshaw said it was important to hire someone who “embraces everything Temple.”
He found his man.
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.