- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
House arrest for NJ man in attack on NY fans
Question of the Day
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - A man accused of beating two New York Rangers fans in a brawl after the NHL Winter Classic in Philadelphia has been sentenced to house arrest.
A Philadelphia judge on Friday sentenced 33-year-old Dennis Veteri of Glassboro, N.J., to a range of slightly under one year to nearly two years of house arrest followed by five years’ probation. He pleaded guilty earlier this year to aggravated and simple assault and conspiracy.
The fight occurred outside a cheesesteak stand after the Rangers beat the Philadelphia Flyers 3-2 in the Jan. 2 game. One victim, an off-duty police officer, was beaten unconscious and his eye-socket broken.
Information from: Philadelphia Daily News, http://www.philly.com
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Australia issues arrest warrant for men believed to be homegrown ISIL terrorists
- Iraq Christians get meeting with top Obama aide
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors