- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Asia wins Royal Trophy in playoff
After the teams finished singles play tied at 8, Kim and countryman Y.E. Yang edged Belgium’s Nicolas Colsaerts and Italy’s Francesco Molinari in the fourball playoff at The Empire Hotel and Country Club.
Colsaerts had a chance to match Kim’s birdie, but missed a 5-footer.
After falling behind 3 1/2-1/2 on Friday in the opening foursomes, Asia cut it to 4 1/2-3 1/2 in fourball play Saturday, and tied it with 4 1/2 points in the closing singles. Europe leads the series 4-2.
India’s Jeev Milkha Singh pulled Asia even at 7 with a 1-up victory over Spain’s Miguel Angel Jimenez, and Sweden’s Henrik Stenson restored Europe with 1-up decision over Japan’s Ryo Ishikawa. Yang then finished off Molinari with a halve on the 17th to send the competition to the playoff.
European playing captain Jose Maria Olazabal withdrew from his scheduled match against South Korea’s Bae Sang-moon because of a neck injury, with each team receiving a half-point.
Because Asian captain Naomichi “Joe” Ozaki selected Thailand’s Kiradech Aphibarnrat to sit if a European player withdrew, Bae ended up taking Kiradech’s spot against Colsaerts, a match Colsaerts won 1 up when he took the par-5 15th with an eagle and halved the final three holes with pars.
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Unanimous Senate passes bill on military sex assault to give victims more say in prosecution
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to 'man up' in horse carriage fight
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again