- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
Kate Middleton attends UK sports awards show
Question of the Day
LONDON (AP) - The pregnant Duchess of Cambridge made her first public appearance Sunday night since her hospitalization for acute morning sickness.
Looking healthy and strong, the former Kate Middleton presented awards at the BBC Sports Personality of the Year prizes, which were broadcast throughout Britain.
She wore a dark green outfit and seemed composed and comfortable, showing no signs of the acute morning sickness that had led to her recent hospitalization.
She had not been seen in public since leaving King Edward VII Hospital in London on Dec. 6. At the time, officials said the duchess would be resting.
At the conclusion of the gala show, she presented the lifetime achievement award to Sebastian Coe, the newly elected chairman of the British Olympic Association and a two-time Olympic middle-distance champion, and the sports personality of the year award, won by Tour de France and Olympic champion Bradley Wiggins.
Palace officials have said the Duchess is in the first 12 weeks of her pregnancy. It would be the first child for her and her husband, Prince William.
It was also her first public appearance since the apparent suicide of a nurse at King Edward VII Hospital who was the victim of a prank call by two DJs from an Australian radio show. She and William have said they were deeply saddened by the nurse’s death.
TWT Video Picks
It's yet another example of his lack of transparency
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly cancelled
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- Power grab: EPA wants to garnish wages of polluters
- Costco to re-stock Dinesh D'Souza's 'America' after public outry
- Obama bests Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper in pool match
- CARSON: Health savings accounts far better than Obamacare
- Colorado man offers Obama a toke of marijuana a Rocky Mountain 'high'
- Court orders Chicago to pay NRA's legal fees
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener