- ‘Game of Thrones’ earns a leading 19 Emmy nods
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel should concede, live to fight another day
- Chelsea Clinton nabs $75K in speaking fees — same as Dick Cheney
- ‘Year of action’ not over: Obama has worked around Congress more than 40 times
- Rick Perry: Obama showed up after Hurricane Sandy, why not the Texas border?
- Alec Baldwin in talks to play Rob Ford-like mayor in new NBC drama
- Chinese hackers sought data on federal employees: report
- League City, Texas, votes 6-2 to ban processing of illegal kids
- Iraq tells U.N. that ‘terrorist groups’ have seized nuclear materials
- Houston dad suspected of shooting his 4 kids surrenders to police
Warner: Newtown massacre altered his guns stance
Question of the Day
RICHMOND | Virginia Sen. Mark Warner says the massacre at a Connecticut elementary school has changed his supportive stand on assault weapons.
Mr. Warner is among the few Senate Democrats who has found favor with gun rights groups.
He said in interviews Monday that the shooting deaths of 20 children and seven adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., overcame his opposition to a ban on assault weapons.
The centrist former Virginia governor says the status quo is unacceptable. He called for “stricter rules on the books” and endorsed President Barack Obama’s call for cracking down on assault weapons.
Mr. Warner says there are ways to achieve “rational gun control,” but that he hadn’t yet devised details for a bill that would have bipartisan support.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- EDITORIAL: Whats Obama hiding at illegal-alien 'refugee' camps?
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- Harry Reid lambasted by black conservatives after calling Justice Thomas white
- A series of missteps steers Obama's trip off course
- CURL: Obama turning millennials into Republicans
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener