- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: End war on Jesus
We often hear about the “war on Christmas” and efforts to erase all references to Jesus from our culture. This determination increases each year, and children in the future may lose all knowledge of the true meaning of Christmas.
I am confused. What annoys so many people about Jesus and the historical account of his earthly life? The following are some of the facts for individuals who are offended by references to Jesus:
Jesus was born homeless, and he came from the impoverished city of Nazareth.
Jesus grew up in a low-income household and was a carpenter.
Jesus had no university degrees and spent his life serving others.
Jesus was a champion of women’s and children’s rights during a time when both groups were treated as second-class citizens.
Jesus embraced individuals with disabilities, and he worked to help people with leprosy and other infirmities when society had cast them out.
Jesus initiated some of the first food banks and fed thousands of hungry people.
Jesus was a peace activist, and he wielded no weapons.
Jesus was a revolutionary who challenged the ruling government and religious hierarchy.
Jesus was arrested, charged falsely and killed by the ruling class because he was arming common citizens with truth and teaching them to love and respect one another.
What exactly is so offensive about this man? Maybe if, during the Christmas season, our world were to embrace Jesus, we could end the violence and evil that has so infected our society.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Get Breaking Alerts
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Otter attacks, kills alligator at Florida wildlife refuge
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Turkey not committed to Cyprus peace
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spoiled-kid culture creates greedy adults
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama's flawed Mideast 'peace' plan
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Foreign policy would distract Obama from social hour
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Hit Putin where it hurts over Ukraine