- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Montgomerie, Schofield chosen for golf’s hall
LONDON (AP) - Colin Montgomerie has been elected to the World Golf Hall of Fame by the slimmest of margins.
Montgomerie and Ken Schofield, head of the European Tour for nearly 30 years, were announced Tuesday as the latest inductees. They fill out the 2013 class that includes Willie Park Jr., Fred Couples and Ken Venturi.
Montgomerie won the European Tour money list a record eight times. He received 51 percent of the vote on the international ballot. That makes two inductees in this class _ Couples was the other _ who got in through a special provision. If no one gets the minimum 65 percent, the player with the most votes gets elected as long as it’s more than 50 percent.
The induction ceremony will be May 6 in St. Augustine, Fla.
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.