- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
Eagles RB LeSean McCoy set to start
PHILADELPHIA — LeSean McCoy will start at running back for the Philadelphia Eagles against Washington in his first game back after missing four because of a concussion.
Rookie Bryce Brown filled in nicely for McCoy, running for 347 yards and four touchdowns in his first two career starts. But Brown had just 40 yards in the next two games and fumbled four times in four games. Coach Andy Reid says Brown will rotate in with McCoy.
Michael Vick will be the No. 3 quarterback behind starter Nick Foles and Trent Edwards because of his extended layoff. Vick missed five games with a concussion. The Eagles (4-10) are trying to play spoiler against the Redskins (8-6), who are in a three-way tie for first in the NFC East.
Colts’ Pagano targets Dec. 30 for his return to sideline
INDIANAPOLIS — The Indianapolis Colts hope head coach Chuck Pagano will be back on the sideline next week. While no official announcement has been made, interim coach Bruce Arians and others have pegged the Dec. 30 regular-season finale against Houston as Pagano’s possible return date.
He has not been on the sideline since late September after starting the first of three rounds of chemotherapy in his battle against leukemia.
Around the league
STEELERS: Running back Rashard Mendenhall says he’s focused on doing his job, not his future. Mendenhall returned to practice Wednesday after serving a one-game suspension for not showing up or Pittsburgh’s game with San Diego on Dec. 9. Mendenhall, who was inactive, declined to talk about his decision to stay away. Mendenhall has struggled this season after returning from a torn ACL in October.
DOLPHINS: Miami backup running back Daniel Thomas has been placed on injured reserve because of a knee injury. The team signed defensive back Julian Posey from the practice squad to take Thomas’ roster spot. Thomas ranks second on the team with 325 yards rushing, averaging 3.6 yards per carry and scoring four touchdowns.
JETS: Rex Ryan had higher expectations for New York’s wildcat-style offense with Tim Tebow and said things haven’t “panned out” the way he or the backup quarterback anticipated. Tebow has had a limited role in the offense after he was expected to provide a major boost. Ryan says Tebow has been hampered since breaking two ribs last month.
LIONS: Detroit put defensive tackle Nick Fairley (shoulder) on injured reserve. The 2011 first-round pick started seven of 13 games, had 51/2 sacks and 35 tackles after a lackluster rookie year. Earlier this year, he pleaded guilty to DUI and reckless driving and was sentenced to a six-month suspended jail term, a year of probation and a $600 fine.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014