- Boise business entices customers to come break stuff — ‘recreational destruction’
- Fired Yahoo exec’s $60 million golden parachute may be a record
- Arkansas gynecologist snapped nude photos of patients, police say
- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Hypocritical anti-gun agenda
What happened in Connecticut was a travesty, as were the shootings in Texas, Colorado and Arizona.
Yet we now have heartless liberal Democrats using these murders to push their anti-gun agenda. We also have the major news agencies, especially MSNBC, crucifying Republicans, the National Rifle Association and rural America. What we haven’t heard from any of them is one word on the massacres that happen daily in predominantly Democratic communities.
Since the Trayvon Martin case there have been more than 1,000 black-on-black murders in this country. Yet all the left is talking about are the aforementioned four cases. While these were horrible, of course, what about justice and a little concern for the thousands of young black men who have been gunned down in the years since President Obama was elected?
The politicians who are pushing their anti-gun agenda are hypocrites. They blame video games and movies for our violent society, but what about the rap music that glorifies crime, drug use and degradation of women? Not a word. In fact, the president hobnobs with rappers whenever he gets the chance.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support demonstrates voters' distrust
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare disasters were avoidable
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Muhammad wouldn't condone Boston bombing
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: High heels: Hazardous to one's health?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Marshall's comments hurt GOP, pro-lifers