- Hawaii Health Department head killed in plane crash
- Colorado school drops sexual harassment label on boy who kissed girl’s hand
- Australia court strikes down 5-day-old, gay-marriage law
- Fake interpreter at Mandela service: ‘Sorry,’ I have schizophrenia
- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Creator of ‘Selfies at Funerals’ blog retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Hypocritical anti-gun agenda
Question of the Day
What happened in Connecticut was a travesty, as were the shootings in Texas, Colorado and Arizona.
Yet we now have heartless liberal Democrats using these murders to push their anti-gun agenda. We also have the major news agencies, especially MSNBC, crucifying Republicans, the National Rifle Association and rural America. What we haven’t heard from any of them is one word on the massacres that happen daily in predominantly Democratic communities.
Since the Trayvon Martin case there have been more than 1,000 black-on-black murders in this country. Yet all the left is talking about are the aforementioned four cases. While these were horrible, of course, what about justice and a little concern for the thousands of young black men who have been gunned down in the years since President Obama was elected?
The politicians who are pushing their anti-gun agenda are hypocrites. They blame video games and movies for our violent society, but what about the rap music that glorifies crime, drug use and degradation of women? Not a word. In fact, the president hobnobs with rappers whenever he gets the chance.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Get Breaking Alerts
- Rand Paul: Budget deal 'shameful,' 'huge mistake'
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- Inside the Ring: China targets Global Hawk drone
- Obama's antics at Nelson Mandela tribute: Jovial conversation, handshake with Raul Castro
- KIBBE: Another Republican budget surrender
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whisky: U.K.-born expert