- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Hypocritical anti-gun agenda
What happened in Connecticut was a travesty, as were the shootings in Texas, Colorado and Arizona.
Yet we now have heartless liberal Democrats using these murders to push their anti-gun agenda. We also have the major news agencies, especially MSNBC, crucifying Republicans, the National Rifle Association and rural America. What we haven’t heard from any of them is one word on the massacres that happen daily in predominantly Democratic communities.
Since the Trayvon Martin case there have been more than 1,000 black-on-black murders in this country. Yet all the left is talking about are the aforementioned four cases. While these were horrible, of course, what about justice and a little concern for the thousands of young black men who have been gunned down in the years since President Obama was elected?
The politicians who are pushing their anti-gun agenda are hypocrites. They blame video games and movies for our violent society, but what about the rap music that glorifies crime, drug use and degradation of women? Not a word. In fact, the president hobnobs with rappers whenever he gets the chance.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Get Breaking Alerts
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Adam Lanza's dad: He would've killed me 'in a heartbeat'
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Time for feckless president to show resolve
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama reserves 'Chicago way' for GOP
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Public education would wither in free market
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Turkey not committed to Cyprus peace
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spoiled-kid culture creates greedy adults