- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Hypocritical anti-gun agenda
Question of the Day
What happened in Connecticut was a travesty, as were the shootings in Texas, Colorado and Arizona.
Yet we now have heartless liberal Democrats using these murders to push their anti-gun agenda. We also have the major news agencies, especially MSNBC, crucifying Republicans, the National Rifle Association and rural America. What we haven’t heard from any of them is one word on the massacres that happen daily in predominantly Democratic communities.
Since the Trayvon Martin case there have been more than 1,000 black-on-black murders in this country. Yet all the left is talking about are the aforementioned four cases. While these were horrible, of course, what about justice and a little concern for the thousands of young black men who have been gunned down in the years since President Obama was elected?
The politicians who are pushing their anti-gun agenda are hypocrites. They blame video games and movies for our violent society, but what about the rap music that glorifies crime, drug use and degradation of women? Not a word. In fact, the president hobnobs with rappers whenever he gets the chance.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Get Breaking Alerts
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Politics and corruption driving water woes
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Laws should target criminals, not the law-abiding
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Temple Mount is still Judaism's holiest site
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: If Israeli laid down its arms
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Stop silence on relocations of illegal aliens