- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
Lostprophets singer charged with child sex crimes
Question of the Day
LONDON (AP) - The lead singer of British rock band Lostprophets appeared in court Wednesday charged with child sex offenses including conspiring with a woman to rape a 1-year-old girl.
Prosecutors said Ian Watkins also is accused of conspiring to engage in sexual touching with two children; possessing, making and distributing indecent images; and possessing “extreme” animal pornography.
The 35-year-old singer wore a black hooded top and appeared tired during the hearing in the Welsh capital, Cardiff.
Defense lawyer Tom Crowther said Watkins would deny all charges and requested bail, saying his client’s celebrity status could help to enforce bail conditions.
But magistrate Alan Knight ordered the singer detained until his next hearing Dec. 31.
South Wales Police said that Watkins, from the Welsh town of Pontypridd, was arrested Monday and charged Tuesday with “conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a female under 13 and possession/distribution of indecent images of children.”
Two women, aged 20 and 24, have been charged with related offenses and were also denied bail.
The hard rock band was formed in Wales in 1997 and had a chart-topping British album in 2006 with “Liberation Transmission.”
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world