- HUMPRHIES: The Liberal Bully of the Week is …
- Secret Service threatened to kill Mr. Met if he got close to President Clinton, book claims
- Sarah Palin to campaign for Senate candidate Ben Sasse in Nebraska
- Boise business entices customers to come break stuff — ‘recreational destruction’
- Fired Yahoo exec’s $60 million golden parachute may be a record
- Arkansas gynecologist snapped nude photos of patients, police say
- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
Jets backup QB Tebow, Cards WR Roberts inactive
Tebow has two broken ribs, suffered at Seattle on Nov. 11, and was limited in practice all week. Third-stringer Greg McElroy was active for the first time in his two-year NFL career and was backing up starter Mark Sanchez. Tebow was active Thanksgiving night against New England, but did not play, with coach Rex Ryan saying he would see action only in “an emergency.”
Tebow has been a limited participant in the offense, averaging just seven snaps a game after being expected to be an integral part.
Also out for the Jets were wide receiver Clyde Gates, cornerback Aaron Berry, linebacker Ricky Sapp, defensive tackle Damon Harrison, offensive lineman Caleb Schlauderaff and tight end Hayden Smith.
Cardinals wide receiver Andre Roberts, the team’s second-leading receiver with 50 catches and five touchdown receptions, was out with an ankle injury. He was replaced in the starting offense by rookie Michael Floyd.
Defensive end Calais Campbell was sidelined with a calf injury for the third straight game. He hoped to return this week, but David Carter filled in for him on the starting defensive line.
Starting quarterback Kevin Kolb is out again for the sixth straight game, as expected, with a rib injury. Rookie Ryan Lindley was starting for the second straight game. Lindley threw four interceptions, including two returned for touchdowns by Janoris Jenkins, in Arizona’s 31-17 loss to St. Louis last week.
Tight end Todd Heap (knee) was also out for the Cardinals, and hasn’t played since the second week of the season. Also inactive for the Cardinals were: running back Alfonso Smith, guard Senio Kelemente and tackle Pat McQuistan.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.