- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Jets backup QB Tebow, Cards WR Roberts inactive
Tebow has two broken ribs, suffered at Seattle on Nov. 11, and was limited in practice all week. Third-stringer Greg McElroy was active for the first time in his two-year NFL career and was backing up starter Mark Sanchez. Tebow was active Thanksgiving night against New England, but did not play, with coach Rex Ryan saying he would see action only in “an emergency.”
Tebow has been a limited participant in the offense, averaging just seven snaps a game after being expected to be an integral part.
Cardinals wide receiver Andre Roberts, the team’s second-leading receiver with 50 catches and five touchdown receptions, was out with an ankle injury. He was replaced in the starting offense by rookie Michael Floyd.
Defensive end Calais Campbell was sidelined with a calf injury for the third straight game. He hoped to return this week, but David Carter filled in for him on the starting defensive line.
Starting quarterback Kevin Kolb is out again for the sixth straight game, as expected, with a rib injury. Rookie Ryan Lindley was starting for the second straight game. Lindley threw four interceptions, including two returned for touchdowns by Janoris Jenkins, in Arizona’s 31-17 loss to St. Louis last week.
Tight end Todd Heap (knee) was also out for the Cardinals, and hasn’t played since the second week of the season. Also inactive for the Cardinals were: running back Alfonso Smith, guard Senio Kelemente and tackle Pat McQuistan.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Paul takes veiled shot at Cruz, says GOP must focus on growth
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- VIDEO: Emily Miller on Fox Business "The Independents" special "The Gun Show"
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- Stolen European passports on Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777
- Gates: Obama strategy won't stop Putin
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again